Online Training For Flinders University Pre-Service Teachers
Are you enrolled in an education degree at Flinders University?
Interested in learning how to create a supportive and inclusive classroom for LGBTQIA+ students?
If yes, then this workshop is for you!
headspace Onkaparinga has partnered with Minus18 to deliver training for Flinders University pre-service teachers.
Minus18's experienced presenters are here to help equip you with best practices by delivering LGBTQIA+ inclusion and empowerment training that's backed by the latest Australian research.
This 90-minute online workshop will explore LGBTQIA+ identity, the barriers students face in everyday life, and will empower you with the tools to become an inclusive teacher.
- Key concepts and definitions of sex, gender and sexuality.
- Evidence-based barriers LGBTQIA+ students face at school and home.
- Practical tools to support LGBTQIA+ students and staff in the classroom and throughout the whole school.
- LGBTQIA+ lived experiences via our expert workshop presenters as they talk about their personal journeys being LGBTQIA+.
Online Workshop Session Times (select one):
- Tuesday 24th November: 9.30am - 11.00am
- Tuesday 24th November: 1.00pm - 2.30pm
- Wednesday 25th November: 9.30am - 11.00am
- Wednesday 25th November: 1.00pm - 2.30pm
This workshop is free for Flinders University students who are currently enrolled in or recently completed an education degree.
All participants will receive a professional development certificate to certify training completion.
Keen to share this with a friend? Download a copy of the flyer here.
More training opportunities with Minus18 for teachers and school students can be found here.
Update: Registrations have now closed.
Thank you to all the pre-service teachers who attended the Minus18 workshops. We think you're pretty amazing for taking the time to learn more about supporting your future students. Keep your eyes peeled on our website or social media for similar opportunities in the future.