At headspace Murray Bridge we provide a youth-friendly, community-based, cost free health service for young people 12-25 years and their families. We offer a range of support services including counselling sessions with highly skilled workers along with a range of fun programs for young people. headspace Murray Bridge co-hosts community events and youth activities with The Station Youth Centre and regularly attends community events and schools in the Murraylands region.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Murray Bridge is operated by Murray Mallee GP Network. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Country SA PHN.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Centre Manager: Suzanne Fuzzard
Clinical Team Leader: Richard
Triage & Stepped Care Clinician: Cathy
Mental Health Clinician: Niamh
Allied Health Professionals: Nicole, Megan and Kristie
Business Manager: Kris
Program Support: Jo, Hannah & Jess
Community Engagement Team Leader: Pia
Community Engagement Worker: Emma
Aboriginal Engagement & Youth Worker: Nina
- Murray Mallee General Practice Network (MMGPN)
- The Rural City of Murray Bridge (RCMB)
- School & Beyond
- Murraylands Youth Sector Network Inc.
- Murray Mallee Community Health Service
- Department of Education and Child Development (DECD)
- SE Country Commonwealth Respite & Centreline Centre
- Community Bridging Services Inc. (CBS)
- Regional Development Australia (RDA)
- Southern Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAHMS)
Are you a young person aged between 12 and 25?
- Call us on (08) 8531 2122, Monday to Friday during business hours; OR
- Pop into the office, Monday to Friday during business hours to enquire about booking an appointment
Young people can refer themselves, or family members, friends, schools, GP's and other organisations can refer with the young persons consent.
Are you an organisation/school support staff/GP referring a young person for support?
- Call us on (08) 8531 2122, Monday to Friday during business hours to discuss the referral; OR
- Fill out the attached Referral Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR
- Fax the completed Referral Form to (08) 8531 2426
Are you a GP referring a young person for counselling with a Mental Health Treatment Plan?
- Complete your clinics Referral and Mental Health Treatment Plan template
- Ensure it includes the young person's Medicare Information including expiry date
- Fax the completed Referral and Mental Health Treatment Plan to (08) 8531 2426
Clinics in Murray Bridge where you can see a GP to get a Referral and Mental Health Treatment Plan:
- Bridge Clinic; located at 8 Standen Street, Murray Bridge SA 5253
- Murray Bridge Day Night Surgery; located at 35-37 Adelaide Road, Murray Bridge SA 5253
- Bridgeview Family Practice; located at 3-5 Bridge Street, Murray Bridge SA 5253
When booking an appointment to get a Referral and Mental Health Treatment Plan, request a double appointment and tell the receptionist that you will be needing a Referral and Mental Health Treatment Plan completed.
Bridgeview Family Practice and Murray Bridge Day Night Surgery bulk bill appointments.
All services offered at headspace Murray Bridge are free.
Appointments with our General Practitioner and Psychologist are bulk billed through Medicare.
Our headspace team has been developing ways to work more closely with family and friends of headspace clients to ensure the best service to the young people we see.
About the Family Inclusive Program
Our team is well into an 18 month project to assist with the Family Inclusive Program. This project has been funded through a Service Innovation Grant from headspace National Office.
This project will allow our staff to increase ther expertise in working with families and change some of the ways we assist young people. The new Family Inclusive Program is being evaluated via a research team with the aim to develop a model of family inclusive work that can be used by other headspace centres across Australia
Family Inclusive Program in Murray Bridge
At headspace Murray Bridge we have always looked for oppourtunities to support family and friends that are supportive of the young people we see.
We are currently offering a family/friends inclusive intake session to all young people attending headspace for the first time. Individual intake sessions with a youth worker will continue to be avaliable for thse young people who prefer no family involvement. Young people and their families may opt to receive support via one family session only. We will also provide oppourtunities for our ongoing clients to have family/friend involvement in their care if they agree to this option.
Further Support for Families and Friends
If further support is required, there continues to be a variety of options, such as seeing a youth worker for individual or further family sessions, or consulting with one of our Psyhcologists in Private Practice, GP, or Psychiatrist.
If it is decided that we are not he best service for the young person or their family at this time, we will refer on to the many other agencies we consult with in Murray Bridge.
Family Inclusive Program feedback
The new family inclusive intake option will be continually reviewed with feedback from clients, family and workers to assess the ongoing benefit and sustainability to the young people we see.
Bridge Clinic: (08) 8539 3232
Murray Bridge Day & Night Surgery: (08) 8531 2988
Murray Bridge Hospital: (08) 8535 6777
CAMHS Murray Bridge: (08) 8531 3901
Community Health Service: (08) 8535 6800
Mount Barker Medical Clinic: (08) 8391 1300
Summit Health: (08) 8406 7700
Mount Barker Hospital: (08) 8393 1777
CAMHS Mount Barker: (08) 8391 3922
Community Health Service: (08) 8393 1833
Victor Medical Centre: (08) 8551 3200
Norfolk House Medical Centre: (08) 8552 3900
Victor Harbour Hospital: (08) 8552 0500
CAMHS: (08) 8552 9874
Community Health Service: (08) 8552 0600
Rural & Remote Emergency Mental Health (24 hours): 13 14 65
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Crisis Care: 13 16 11
Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
Beyondblue: 1300 22 4636
Personal & Family Support Line (24 hours): 1800 619 532
Men’s Line Australia (24 hours, 7 days): 1800 789 978
Rural Women’s Counselling: 1800 182 098
SANE Helpline: 1800 187 263
Relationships Australia: 1300 264 277
Shine SA: 1300 794 584
The Youth Reference Group is made up of a diverse group of young volunteers aged 12- 25 years, who help support and guide the centre on key components of youth mental heath service delivery and community awareness initiatives both within the Centre and the broader community.
The role of the YRG is varied and members are offered a range of opportunities to contribute to our centre and their community including; reviewing decisions regarding the day to day running of the centre, helping to plan youth events and representing headspace Murray Bridge at events or in the media.
To be able to access some of headspace Murray Bridge's services, you need access to a Medicare card. It can be your own Medicare card or you can use your family's Medicare card if your name is listed on it.
When you turn 15 years of age, you can apply for your own Medicare card. To do this you have to do some paper work and have some identification. You need to complete a "Medicare copy or transfer" application form and submit it at your local Medicare service centre. You’ll need to provide identification, such as a student card or birth certificate, as well as details about the card you are transferring from.
If you need more information or need help with accessing a Medicare card, have a look at the human services website about becoming independent: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/subjects/young-people-becoming-independent
headspace Mount Barker:
- Located at 57 Wellington Road, Mount Barker SA 5251
- Contact Number - (08) 8398 4262
- Fax Number - (08) 8398 4269
headspace Victor Harbor:
- Located at 10 Crozier Road, Victor Harbor SA 5211
- Contact Number - (08) 8391 0123
- Fax Number - (08) 8391 0208
We support clients’ rights!
headspace Murray Bridge supports your right to:
- Refuse treatment or service
- Agree to or refuse the presence of trainee practitioners or students
- Choose to have another person present at your appointment
- Request a transfer to another headspace clinician
- Make complaints and have them investigated
- Have continued access to the services after making a complaint
Our promise to you...
We ensure that:
You are fully informed about your health and health care options to help you make informed choices.
Your confidentiality and privacy are maintained.
You are given information about circumstances in which we are legally required to report; such as to protect the health and safety of a young person at risk, or if personal information is subpoenaed by court.
Your prior approval would be obtained to:
- Provide a written report to another professional agency, eg a GP or lawyer; or
- Discuss the material with another person, eg a parent or employer; or
- If disclosure is otherwise required or authorized by law.