Be a hERO in 2022
hEROs are Riverland young people aged 16-25 who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of other young people.
The headspace Berri hERO group exists to ensure young people’s voices and opinions remain front and centre in everything we do. hEROs are local young people aged 16-25 who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of other young people by providing advice and guidance to headspace Berri and by creating projects, events and activities that support young people’s wellbeing.
Past hERO groups have hosted high teas and scavenger hunts, organised the inaugural Riverland Pride March, represented headspace Berri at community events and education presentations and undertaken training in youth mental health, advocacy and public speaking. Every group of young people involved with hERO makes it their own and in 2022 we are continuing a focus on creative projects, community leadership and will be organising the 2022 Riverland Pride March in August.
As a member of hERO you will:
- be a volunteer member of an inclusive and optimistic team of other young people.
- attend regular meetings and represent headspace Berri in the community at various events and other activities across the year.
- regularly communicate and collaborate with other hERO members and facilitators using a range of online tools, including email.
- be willing to learn, try new things, get involved and share your ideas on a wide range of topics.
- be offered and undertake relevant training and mentoring in areas such as
- public speaking
- mental health literacy
- project & event planning/management
- develop mini-projects, events and activities that support wellbeing in our community.
- be asked to provide your unique feedback and insights on things like
- social media campaigns
- promotional material
- what our space looks and feels like
- headspace Berri services
Join hERO by completing our online application form HERE. hERO currently meet Tuesdays 5pm - 6:30pm at headspace Berri, with the option to attend virtually using Zoom.