How to access your Zoom telehealth session
To ensure user privacy and security, headspace Taringa and Redcliffe operate on Zoom for Healthcare paid accounts. This means that all conversations held between you and your practitioner are secure and private. Zoom for healthcare is HIPPAA compliant, meaning all data transmitted across the network is protected using Advanced Encryption Standards, multi-layered access controls, passwords, waiting rooms and other control protocols.
If you are concerned about the security of your session, please read more information about Zoom for Healthcare here.
What you will need:
- Device (phone, computer or tablet) with a working speaker, microphone and camera
- An internet connection – broadband wired, wireless or phone data
- The ZOOM App installed on your device (if using mobile or tablet)
Zoom for phone and tablet users:
- Your will have received a link to your zoom meeting, meeting ID and password via text or email. Simply click the URL or paste into your browser of choice to open the meeting.
- If you already have the ZOOM App installed, click ‘Join Meeting’
- If you do not yet have the ZOOM App installed, you will need to ‘Download from AppStore’
- Once you have the ZOOM App open, click ‘Join Meeting’
- Enter your name and click ‘Join’
- Enter the password
- You will then be on a hold screen that says ‘Waiting for the host to start this meeting’
- Please wait until your clinician admits you into the session
Zoom for computer users:
- Click the Zoom link that has been emailed or SMS messaged to you
- If you have Zoom installed on your computer, you will be prompted to join the session
3. Click ‘Join from your browser’, enter your name and click ‘join’.
4. Please wait while your practitioner admits you into the session. Once admitted, click ‘join audio by computer’ and ensure your audio and camera are enabled.
Audio and Video Setup
After launching the Zoom meeting you will be prompted to connect to camera and audio. Please ensure these are enabled.
To mute, click the microphone icon in the bottom-left corner. To unmute, click the microphone icon again. Follow the same process to turn the camera on and of