Surfboard Art: ONLINE SUBMISSION!
In order to make this art project more accessible for young artists, we have now opened an online submission form AND have extended the date for applications!
Submissions that are posted or delivered to our centre are still valid
headspace Onkaparinga is seeking up to eight (8) local artists to produce artwork based on wooden surfboards that will feature in our new beach-side centre. This is with the support of the City of Onkaparinga, and will include a launch of this collection in National Youth Week 2018. We are seeking artwork that represents at least one main theme:
- Young People
- Mental Health
- Beach/Coast lines
How to submit your concept:
Download and print the design template here: Artwork-Template-v4.pdf
Once you have completed your draft concept, fill out the submission from here: Online Submission
Design submissions need to be completed by Wednesday March 14th
- Selection of artists is made up of a panel including members of the Youth Reference Group, Youth and Community Engagement Leader and a headspace representative. The panel's decision will be final.
- Successful artists will be notified by March 21th.
- Successful artists will receive $150 in Coles-Myer vouchers to assist in producing the work.
- Each successful artist will be provided with a 400mmx1200mm wooden surfboard, and will need to replicate their design on this surface. This cannot be altered or cut down.
- Final work must be produced and delivered to headspace Onkaparinga by Monday the 9th of April 2018.
- Final artwork will be launched at the headspace Onkaparinga centre during National Youth Week, April 13th-22nd. The exact time and date of the launch is to be announced.
If you have any further questions, please contact Oliver via email email@example.com or by phoning 8186 8600