National Youth Week Surfboard Art Project!
headspace Onkaparinga is seeking up to eight (8) local artists to produce artwork based on wooden surfboards that will feature in our new beach-side centre. This is with the support of the City of Onkaparinga, and will include a launch of this collection in National Youth Week 2018. We are seeking artwork that represents at least one main theme:
- Young People
- Mental Health
- Beach/Coast lines
How to submit your concept:
Download the information and submission document here:
This document outlines the art requirements, and the steps to complete an art concept submission.
- Selection of artists is made up of a panel including members of the Youth Reference Group, Youth and Community Engagement Leader and a headspace representative. The panel's decision will be final.
- Successful artists will be notified by March 9th.
- Successful artists will receive $150 in Coles-Myer vouchers to assist in producing the work.
- Each successful artist will be provided with a 400mmx1200mm wooden surfboard, and will need to replicate their design on this surface. This cannot be altered or cut down.
- Final work must be produced and delivered to headspace Onkaparinga by Friday the 6th of April 2018.
- Final artwork will be launched at the headspace Onkaparinga centre during National Youth Week, April 13th-22nd. The exact time and date of the launch is to be announced.
If you have any further questions, please contact Oliver via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 8186 8600