The headspace Melton YAC is a group made up of young people aged 16-25 who either live, go to school, work or have hobbies in or nearby Melton. Their main functions will be to advise headspace Melton on issues relating to young people, and ensuring that the centre remains youth-focused and youth-friendly.
Additionally, the headspace Melton YAC will plan and run their own activities and events in the community, aimed at raising awareness and reducing stigma. YAC members do not need to have a lived experience of mental ill health.
The activities that the headspace Melton YAC will be involved in are the following:
- Providing feedback about headspace Melton’s services, ensuring that our approach remains youth focused and on the Melton Community
- Promoting headspace Melton and the range of services we offer to young people
- Planning and running headspace Melton Community Awareness Events and Workshops which revolve around promoting help seeking, reducing stigma around mental health and headspace Melton’s key messages of wellness, connection, safety and accessibility
- Developing resources to assist in Community Awareness objectives in the Melton Area
To be Eligible for membership young people applying need to:
- Be aged between 16-25 at time of application
- Live, work, study, play sport or have a hobby in Melton or surrounding areas
- Have an interest and passion in mental health and/or alcohol and other drug issues for both young people and their friends and family
- Have The ability to balance health (including mental health), other responsibilities like school/work/uni/family and the demands of the YAC position.
headspace Melton is a safe place which embraces inclusivity and diversity. Young people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQA+, different cultural and language backgrounds and lived experiences are HIGHLY encouraged to apply. We want a YAC that represents EVERYONE in the Melton Community.
If you have any questions about the headspace Melton YAC please call Luke, Community Awareness and Engagement Officer on 8065 5600 or 0466 851 086.
Applications close 11.59PM October 21st . We will respond to you shortly after the closing date to inform you if you have been offered an interview.