Christmas and the holiday period can be a challenge for lots of people. It's important to look after ourselves during this time.
headspace Mandurah will be closed from the 21st December, reopening at 8.30am on Wednesday 2nd January 2019!
During the break there are many services that you can contact if you need support. No matter what day, date or time, there is always someone who can help you & listen.
24-HOUR TELEPHONE COUNSELLING - If you need to talk to someone call:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- eheadspace.org.au (6am-10pm Perth Time) - non-crisis service
- Lifeline (5pm-2am Perth Time) - https://www.lifeline.org.au/get…/online-services/crisis-chat
- Kids Helpline (for 12-25 year olds) - http://kidshelpline.com.au/teens/get-help/webchat
OTHER HELPFUL SERVICES:
- Q-Life online and phone counselling for LGBTI+ people: https://qlife.org.au/
- Sexual assault, domestic and family violence phone counselling: 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) - available 24/7
- Alcohol & Drug Support Line: 1800 198 024 – available 24/7
- Family Drug Support line - for families affected by drug and alcohol use: 1300 368 186 - available 24/7
Helpful videos and articles about keeping mentally healthy over the holidays:
- Keeping healthy over the holidays: https://headspace.org.au/young-people/keeping-healthy-over-the-holidays/
- 10 Things I Wish My Friends and Family Understood About Anxiety and Depression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBfK5yajRnQ
- Clever Responses for When People Say 'Mental Illness is All in Your Head'
- Surviving the First Set of Holidays Without a Loved One: http://pro.psychcentral.com/…/how-to-survive-the-first-set…/
- Managing grief at Christmas: http://au.reachout.com/managing-grief-at-christmas