If you ever feel that you:
- are feeling down or stressed or worried
- can't deal with school, bullying or struggling with friendships
- want to talk about contraception, sexual health, sexuality, identity or relationships, drinking or drug use
headspace Kalgoorlie is a safe place where you can come to have a yarn about any of these issues. We provide early intervention services to young people aged 12 to 25.
Would you like to book in with headspace Kalgoorlie? If so, please download and complete our referral form and return it to us firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget you can just call us on 9021 5599 and make an appointment. Our services are free!
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Many thanks to our Goldfields team for taking the time to produce a Goldfields mentally healthy Christmas Campaign flyer
A new program is set to help parents, carers, friends and family learn and understand how to support their LGBTQI youth.
Youth Action Group - get involved! Our first headspace Kalgoorlie Youth Advisory Group (YAG) meeting will be held at the headspace Kalgoorlie centre on Friday 29th March 2019 from 3:30pm-4:30pm. Call us to find out more.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Kalgoorlie
Would you like to volunteer for headspace Kalgoorlie?
headspace Kalgoorlie are looking for general volunteers aged between 16 - 25.
We have a number of opportunities available including:
- Being a member of the Youth Advisory Group
- Heading out to Coolgardie, Kambalda and Kingsbury Park in partnership with the Hope Community Services Street Van
- Attending local community events like Boulder Market Day, Coolgardie Day, Mental Health Week celebrations and running activities like art-and-craft, sports and drumbeat.
Participants must possess, or be willing to apply for a Voiunteer Working With Children Check ($10.80), and Police Clearance dated within the last three months of applying.
If you would like more information from a headspace staff member please fill out this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
For more information contact:
Name: Megan McKee
Phone: (08) 9021 5599
Are you 12—25 years old and studying?
Would you like a safe place to study where you can get help with your homework/studies?
Why not join our headspace homework group!
We have FREE:
- Mentoring and Support
Did you know you can get your own medicare card when you are over a certain age!!!
Don't know how?? To find out more check out these websites below
Our Care Coordination worker can help you fill out all the paperwork that is needed, we also have forms at reception you can fill out. Come into headspace Kalgoorlie to grab your copy today
Parking and disability access is available via our car park.
The following link will take you to all the relevant timetables:-
Meet Our Staff
- Goldfields Manager - Chelsea Hunter
- Centre Manager – Eleanor Clark
- Therapeutic Lead – Gloria Lockyer
- Youth Mental Health Counsellor – Liam Kennedy
- Youth Mental Health Counsellor – Tori Ward
- Receptionist – Kayla Yates
- Individual Placement Support Specialist – Jessica Halse
- Community Engagement Worker – Jamillah Green
headspace Kalgoorlie regularly attend community events and activities.
We can do presentations on a range of different topics and to a range of different audiences.
We will be in touch within three business days. If your request requires urgent attention please call us on 08 9021 5599 and ask to speak to our Community Engagement Officer.
If you would like us to attend an event at your school, work place or community group please complete the following form and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Would you like to join our Youth Advisory Group?
Are you aged between 14 - 25?
Do you have something to say about health, mental health, drug and alcohol issues, and education, training and employment support?
If so, WE WANT YOU!
headspace Kalgoorlie is providing young people with the opportunity to have a voice and play an active role in the youth mental health, and alcohol and other drug sector.
There are a number of roles you can play in the Kalgoorlie Youth Advisory Group, including:
- leading a project
- website consultation and development
- research and evaluation of headspace services
- consultation around advertising opportunities
- opportunity to develop youth programs for Kalgoorlie young people
By getting involved you will:
- have the opportunity to have your say about how headspace Kalgoorlie operates in the Goldfields
- develop new skills
- meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health
- make a difference!
Who can apply?
We would love you to apply if you have:
- had your own experiences of feeling depressed, anxious, or another mental health issue.
- you have had a family member who has/had a drug addiction.
- you feel passionate about and are interested in mental health issues.
We would like to hear the voices of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, young people from different cultural backgrounds, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender young people, and young people who have been homeless.
If you would like to join, please complete our online application form. For more information contact headspace Kalgoorlie at email@example.com, call 08 90215599, find us on facebook or drop in for a chat!
Would you like to be part of our Parents and Carers Reference Group?
Are you the parent of a young person who comes to headspace Kalgoorlie?
Would you like to have your say about how headspace operates?
If so, the Parents and Carers Reference Group would be the perfect opportunity for you to share your experiences with the service, and help us to make headspace Kalgoorlie the best it can be!
This group meets on a quarterly basis and provides consultation and evaluation of headspace Kalgoorlie in terms of service delivery, processes and engagement in the community.