We know that life can be unpredictable and you may need to reschedule an appointment. If you can’t make your appointment, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible.
For all appointments at headspace Indooroopilly, we require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice for cancelling appointments. To cancel and reschedule an appointment, you can:
- Call us on 3157 1555 (preferred)
- Email us at email@example.com
- Respond to the text message reminders that we send you 24 and 48 hours prior
We do not charge fees for missed appointments and we would like to keep it that way. Please help us to do this by letting us know when you can’t attend.
Why is this important?
Letting us know when you need to cancel your appointment is important for a number of reasons:
- we are able to offer your appointment to another young person on the waitlist who needs support,
- we can promptly reschedule you for another appointment,
- by offering the appointment to someone who can make it, our clinical staff get paid for their time.
Repeat cancellations with late or no notice
It is our policy that if three consecutive appointments are either: a) cancelled within 24 hours; or,
b) not attended without notice being given, we will ask that your next appointment is with one of our intake team members to review barriers for engagement and develop a plan to help overcome them. We may also ask you to meet with intake if there is a regular pattern of late cancellations or missing appointments without giving notice.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation to help us to support you and other young people.
Your Confidentiality and Rights
headspace Indooroopilly provides services for young people aged 12 to 25 years through a partnership between Open Minds (our lead agency) and partner agencies. Depending on your needs and circumstances, our support services may include:
- Mental health (psychological counselling, psychiatry, education, groups and brief interventions)
- Alcohol and other drug support
- Vocational and educational support
- Physical health support
In order to provide a service to you, we need to collect and record personal information. This includes information about what is discussed and what happens during your sessions at headspace Indooroopilly. This information will be accessible to members of the headspace Indooroopilly team and workers from headspace Indooroopilly partner agencies that are supporting you. If you happen to access services at other Open Minds headspace centres at Strathpine and Redcliffe, they will also have access to this information. We take the confidentiality and security of your information seriously, and will only share your information with other parties in the following circumstances:
- If you give us your permission to share information with another person or organisation.
- If we are worried about your safety or the safety of someone else and need to tell someone about this.
- We may be legally required to report disclosures of recent and historical sexual offending against a child to police. We may also need to report other concerns about child abuse or neglect to authorities.
- If you tell us about a missing person or serious criminal activity.
- If we are required to disclose information by law, such as a court subpoena.
- If you are referred to headspace by someone such as your GP or school guidance officer, we usually must provide some feedback to them about your engagement with our service. If you access services funded by Medicare, we are obligated to provide reports to the referrer (e.g. your GP) including information about assessments and treatment progress.
- If your services are funded by Medicare or another funding source, we need to advise them about your engagement with us for billing purposes.
- De-identified information is shared with headspace National (for data collection purposes).
If your personal information is to be used in any other way you will be asked for consent. If you have any concerns or questions about this, please ask a headspace staff member.
You have the right to:
- Request to see information collected about you.
- Not answer any questions that you do not feel comfortable with.
- Advise us if you feel like you aren’t connecting with your headspace worker.
- Provide us with feedback to let us know what we’re doing well and how we could be doing better.
Respect and dignity are important to us here at headspace Indooroopilly, so please let us know if you have any concerns and we’ll do the same.