youth reference group
Become a Youth Reference Group
The YRG is a group of volunteers aged 16-25 who care about youth mental health. The YRG is ongoing and evolving group that brings new people together every year to advocate on current events important to their community. The YRG does two things:
1.YRG as youth advocates
headspace Goulburn (hsG) & headspace Yass (hsY) is a service for young people. Because of this, youth perspectives and participation are really important; enter the YRG!
The YRG makes important decisions at hsG & hsY, helps with our strategic direction and consults with headspace Yass on what young people need.
For example, the YRG might guide changes made to our services, office, resources or website, help decide how we spend donations and interview potential staff.
2. YRG as community engagement
The YRG also helps link headspace to the community, and vice versa! They do this by:
- Meeting other organisations to give a youth perspective.
- Running our social media.
- Running headspace Day - our major annual event!
- Running stalls at community events and festivals.
- Attending an annual camp with other headspace YRGs.
Who are we looking for?
- are aged 16-25
- live in or around Goulburn & Yass
- are passionate about mental health and young people in their community.
We are keen to hear from people who:
- are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- are from diverse cultural or language backgrounds.
- are LGBTQIA+
- have had a hard time with alcohol or drug use in the past.
- have had unstable housing.
- are Young men and NB masculine.
what if I don’t have experience?
- that’s ok! we can support you to learn!
How do I apply:
Check out the document below. It has more information about the role and a link to fill out our application form:
Got more questions? email our Community Engagement Officers;
headspace Goulburn - Esther Ramsay - firstname.lastname@example.org
headspace Yass - Kelly Mather - email@example.com