headspace Yass SPARK Construction Program
The Ginninderry SPARK Training and Employment Initiative proudly supports training and employment opportunities for local people in the Capital Region.
Based on the highly successful 2021 program, SPARK, in partnership with TAFE NSW (RTO Code: 90003), headspace Yass and Yass Valley Council are delivering an innovative, will again be delivering this award winning program focused on accredited training, skills development, live training and potential employment within the construction sector.
Specifically targeting people living within the Yass Valley and surrounding region, this program will:
- Provide participants with a Certificate II in Construction Pathways (CPC20220) and a Certificate II Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways (FSK20119) upon successful completion.
- Provide industry specific training, delivering an infrastructure project for headspace Yass that will include concreting, paving, timber work, excavation and brick and block laying.
- Provide potential employment pathway opportunities, including apprenticeships.
- Supply an Industry induction card, Asbestos awareness card and Personal Protective Equipment for participants that successfully join the program.
Commencing Monday, 18 July 2022, this 11 week program will run 4 days per week (Mon–Thurs, 28 hours per week) and be a combination of theory and practical, hands-on learning and industry work experience.
There are 15 places available on this program.
To be eligible for program funding, you must at the time of enrolment be:
- 16 years old or over
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college
An information session will be held on Wednesday 22 June at 11am TAFE NSW Yass Campus, 51 Church Street, Yass. It is mandatory that all individuals seeking to be on the program attend the 11am session. This is a 2 part sessions broken into: An information presentation followed by, a selection session for eligible participants.
To book a place or find out more information, please contact Shayla at SPARK on 1800 316 900 or email email@example.com