Welcome to headspace Coffs Harbour
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions we will be offering services a little differently. Please check out our facebook page or give us a call to get the latest update.
headspace Coffs Harbour is free, youth friendly and confidential.
We help young people aged between 12 and 25 who may be going through a tough time on the Coffs Coast.
To make an appointment, please contact us on (02) 6652 1878 or go to the More information section and referral form.
headspace Coffs Harbour is not a crisis service. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency please contact the Mental Health Access Line on 1800 011 511, Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800 .
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Coffs Harbour is operated by Genhealth Incorporated. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, North Coast (Healthy North Coast).
Nutrition screening, dietary assessment and education about food and lifestyle, also support around healthy eating strategies.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug concern.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
If you live near our headspace centre in a rural area but cannot travel in to see us, you can see our mental health workers online.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Coffs Harbour
Employer: GenHealth Inc
Deadline: 1 Nov 2021, 9:00 am
Youth Access Clinician, headspace Coffs Harbour
- Immerse yourself in rewarding work with young people and their families and friends
- Collaborate and enjoy a supportive multi-disciplinary team and network of services, with diversity of work and professional development opportunities
- Relish the great lifestyle location of the beautiful Mid North Coast of NSW
About our organisation and services
GenHealth Inc is a not-for-profit non-government multi-disciplinary organisation providing evidence based primary, specialist, allied and health promotion services across the mid and north coast of NSW. We pride ourselves on coming from this region and living our values: ethical, person-centred, embracing diversity, caring and respectful.
GenHealth is lead agency of the Coffs Harbour Women's Health Centre, headspace Coffs Harbour and headspace Grafton. headspace Coffs Harbour (funded by Healthy North Coast) aims to:
- provide early identification and effective, evidence-based mental health interventions for 12-25 year olds (www.headspace.org.au);
- improve access to mental health services; and
- improve access to specialist providers and primary health care workers, collaborating within an accessible and integrated service framework.
About the role
The Youth Access Clinician will effectively engage, screen, assess, refer, provide brief interventions and coordinate care for young people aged 12-25 years that contact or are referred to headspace Coffs Harbour. As one of the first contact points for young people accessing headspace Coffs Harbour, the Youth Access Clinician builds a positive rapport with a wide range of young people, as well as their family and friends.
The role involves assessing a young person’s needs, including complex risk assessments and the ability to action a plan to mitigate any identified risk. The Clinician participates in regular clinical supervision, and presents and discusses Young People’s status and progress with the clinical care team.
A full list of key responsibilities is outlined in the Position Description, which can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
To find out more about headspace Coffs Harbour, follow us on Instagram or FaceBook.
You will have the ability to relate to young people in a manner which is relevant and appropriate to their developmental and cognitive level of functioning, and provide services in a youth friendly manner. You will also have experience in conducting bio-psycho-social assessments of young people presenting to the service using the headspace assessment tool, and other valid and reliable assessment tools utilised by headspace Coffs Harbour, and to clearly document the results of assessment and screening in a timely manner.
You will also have:
- Tertiary level qualifications in health, behavioural/social sciences, community services, or a related discipline that provides a sound understanding and knowledge of assessing and working with young people at risk
- Experience conducting risk assessments, including suicide and violence risks, and to develop action plans that mitigate these risks
- The ability and experience to be able to deliver brief therapeutic interventions, counselling services and treatment planning
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of people including young people and their family and friends.
- Maintain a current check for working with young people, as per the relevant state legislation
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a full Position Description for this role.
- Part-time - flexibility to offer either 0.4 FTE (two days per week) or 0.6 FTE (three days per week)
- available for immediate start
- Base work location is Coffs Harbour NSW
- Salary in accordance with Health Professional Level 3 under the Health Professionals and Support Services Award
- Working from Home options
- Super Guarantee of 10% payable in addition to salary
- As a not-for-profit non-government organisation, GenHealth can offer eligible employees salary package benefits of up to $15,900 per annum + an additional $2,500 in meals, entertainment and holiday accommodation per annum
- GenHealth complies with the Public Health (COVID 19 Vaccination of Health Care Workers) Order 2021 which requires health staff and persons working in health settings to be vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption as defined under the Public Health Order. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Written applications should include:
- an outline of your claims to the position demonstrating how you meet each of the essential and desirable criteria listed on the Position Description (contact us for a PD)
- your current resume detailing your skills, qualifications and experience, including the names and contact details for two referees, with at least one referee being a current or most recent supervisor
Email your complete application to email@example.com
Enquiries to: Elaine Stanmore (Senior Access Coordinator) or Louise Tan (Acting Centre Manager, headspace Coffs Harbour) on (02) 6652 1878
Closing Date for Applications: 9am Monday 1 November 2021
GenHealth is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our workforce and members. Candidates who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, or LGBTIQA+ are encouraged to apply.
For more information contact:
Phone: (02) 6652 1878
Louise Tan (Acting)
Dr Basia Radlinska
Reception & Welcome
Cindy Pocock, Catherine Frost, Penny Budge, Judi Wise
Community Engagement & Development Officer
Youth Access Clinicians
Elaine Stanmore, Dion Richardson, Danica Hudson, Maggie Andrews, Elisa Chinale
Project Lead - Wait Time Reduction:
Dr Andrew Grey, Laurie Manson, Emily Stokes, Malcolm Brunton, Shelley Dawson, Caitlin Jeremy, Emma Jones
Credentialed Mental Health Nurse
Dr John Hurley
Peer Support Workers:
Millie Shapiro, Rhianna Grimley
Community Partners at headspace Coffs Harbour:
Alcohol & Other Drugs Counsellor (CHHC)
Youth And Family Access (CHHC Mental Health Service)
Sexual Assault Counselling Service (CHHC)
Sexual Health Clinic (CHHC)
Baby Health Clinic Nurse (CHHC)
To talk to any of us, or to make an appointment, please call us on 02 6652 1878.
To access headspace Coffs Harbour services for free all you need to have is a valid Medicare card.
If you don’t have a Medicare card and you are over the age of 15 years old you can apply for your own Medicare card. Information about how to apply can be found on the Department of Human Services page:
If you are in Coffs Harbour, you can visit the Medicare Office at 21-25 Duke Street for assistance.
You will need to provide identification, such as a student card or birth certificate.
For more information you can contact Medicare general enquiries on 132 011, they are open 7 days a week / 24 hours a day. If you are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander you can contact the access line on 1800 556 955. They are open mon – fri 8:30am – 5pm.
If you are ineligible to apply for a Medicare Card give us a call and we will direct you to alternative appropriate services.
headspace Coffs Harbour is located at 45-53 Little Street in Coffs Harbour and our building has been designed to provide full wheelchair access.
Disabled parking is available on Little Street within 20 metres of the front door (out the front of our next door neighbours at Legal Aid).
If you have any specific requirements to help you access our service please call us and we will work with you to make sure you can easily access our building and service.
Download our referral form from this page.
Click here for the ---> headspace Coffs Harbour Referral Form <---
- Fill it out online
- Save it on your computer
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Print it out and drop it, post it or fax it to headspace Coffs Harbour
Our fax: 02 6652 7379
Address: 45 - 53 Little Street, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Post: PO Box 46, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
If you have any questions, you can call us on 02 6652 1878
Once we receive your referral, we'll contact you by phone.
To keep up to date with what's happening at headspace Coffs Harbour and find out about the latest news and events go to our facebook page and give us a like: https://www.facebook.com/headspaceCoffsHarbour/