Youth Advocacy Group (YAG) Member - headspace Craigieburn
Deadline: 8 Dec 2021, 5:00 pm
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN UNTIL 5PM WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 8, 2021
Are YOU passionate about youth mental health? Do YOU want YOUR voice heard? headspace Craigieburn wants YOU to join our youth advocacy group where YOU will have input into our service, programs & more.
headspace Craigieburn is providing anyone aged 16-25 with the opportunity to be heard and to take action to improve the health and well-being of young people.
There are a number of roles you can play as a member of the headspace Craigieburn youth advocacy group (YAG).
By getting involved you will:
- Meet a range of new people & have fun in a team environment
- Have an opportunity to provide feedback on how to improve youth mental health services
- Have an input into headspace Craigieburn's programs & processes
- Act as a media spokesperson or a spokesperson in schools
- Be involved with event planning, helping with stalls and other community engagement activities
- Act a peer mentor for young people
- Work alongside other community agencies
- Be consulted on a range of topics including resource development, centre design, website content and more
- Participate in training and develop workforce related skills
- Make a difference to headspace Craigieburn and your community
- headspace will provide training to support you in taking on this opportunity
For more information simply check out the position description or the FAQs call 03 8338 0919 and ask to speak to the Community Awareness Officer. If you're ready to apply, head to the YAG Application Materials Site to find the application form!
Recruitment is open for 2022! We usually recruit once a year, but keep checking to see if any positions open up!
How do I become involved?
Go to the YAG application materials site
If you would like to know more about the YAG and how recruitment rounds work, please email Megan at headspaceCraigieburnCommunity@orygen.org.au
For more information contact:
Phone: (03) 8338 0919